Flood Reporting

Posted: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:40 by Parish Office

Flood Reporting

Northamptonshire experienced a lot of rain over the weekend, which resulted in a lot of Flood Alerts being issued which are now coming off and one Flood Warning being issued for Cogenhoe Mill Caravan Park which is still in place.

I know a few of you have written to me with photos and areas that have flooded and I have passed these onto the Flood and Water Team, it would be good to know if anyone else have any issues over the weekend?

I also wanted to let you the correct procedure for reporting any flooding:

In an emergency when there is danger to life call 999 or 112

Although Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue's main responsibility is saving lives, they may also help pump out floodwater from your property depending on how busy they are.

During a flood incident you should focus on the safety of yourself and others and make sure to stay out of floodwater. Go to https://www.floodtoolkit.com/emergency/help/ page for more details on what to do.

For non-emergencies the nature of the flooding depends who you report the flood to.

Main River Flooding

The Environment Agency

Burst Water Mains and Sewer Flooding

Local Water Company

Flooding on motorways and some A-roads (A5, A14, A45, A43)

Highways England

Flooding on other roads

Northamptonshire Highways

Surface water, groundwater, ordinary watercourses

Northamptonshire County Council

Go to https://www.floodtoolkit.com/emergency/ for contact details.

For all other types of flooding (groundwater, surface water and flooding from small watercourses) use the form on the flood toolkit https://www.floodtoolkit.com/emergency/report-flood/

After a flood, regardless of who you initially reported it to, report it to the county council at www.floodtoolkit.com/emergency/report-flood/

Tags: Community, News Items