Overstone village was originally situated around Overstone Hall, but was relocated in the 18th Century to the Sywell Road where surviving listed thatched cottages remain to this day. The village has eighteen listed buildings, the most important being Overstone Hall/College and St. Nicholas Church.
The house was originally a modest 18th Century mansion but in the late 19th Century, Lord Overstone commissioned W.M. Tevion to design a vast addition in the French renaissance style and also remodelled the park with a large lake. Following Lord Overstone's death in 1883, the Hall has been occupied by a Field Marshall, an Australian magnate, used as a College and was the Overstone School for Girls for 50 years. It now belongs to the New Testament Church of God since 1980 but was gutted by fire in 2001 and remains derelict. The Pytchley Gates, that are erected in 1863 form the entrance to the hall, and are listed. Overstone Park in the 50's was a very popular holiday destination, and was formerly known as Overstone Solarium Caravan Park and pools. Today it remains in the form of a residential park homes site, also within the park is Overstone golf club and leisure complex.
Overstone village also has a Primary school that opened in 1895, a Village Hall was erected in 1925 from money raised by the Women's Institute. The hall is still used today by the village community, and has recently undergone extensive refurbishment.