Overstone Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Overstone a better place to live and our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 14:09 by Parish Office
The Parish Council is looking for someone to serve as a Parish Councillor.
- Are you interested in local current affairs?
- Do you wish to serve your community?
- Could you provide a voice for residents?
- If you feel like you would like to get involved in making decisions about your local community and make a significant contribution to the area in which you live, then this is the position for you.
- Overstone Parish is set to grow rapidly in the next few years. Currently there are 624 electors and the 9 seat council set a precept for 2019/20 of £25,340.
Posted: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 13:15 by Parish Office
Overstone Parish Council are inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be seen as an alternative to formal qualifications. The parish clerk will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council. More »
The post includes some evening work and occasional attendance at civic functions. The successful applicant would be expected to have, or be prepared to obtain, CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration). He or she must be computer literate, with good communication skills. Friendly and positive outlooks are essential
Salary scale LC2, SCP 18-20, £24,313 - £25,295 pa. pro rata. (£12.64 - £13.15 per hour) 10 hours per week. working from home.
Overstone is a village on the north east edge of Northampton. It is set to grow rapidly in the next few years. Currently there are 624 electors and the 9 seat council set a precept for 2018/19 of £25,340. The council has an immediate vacancy for a Clerk/RFO. The position is part time permanent at 10 hours per week. The closing date for applications is 1 July 2019.
For further information please visit Council Vacancies | Northamptonshire County Association of Local ...https://www.northantscalc.com/job-vacancies.html » Less
Posted: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:44 by Parish Office
Overstone Parish Council is seeking experienced applicants for the post of Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to the Council. Working from home, this position is part-time, working between 5 and 10 hours per week. Salary SCP 3 £9.39 – SCP 10 £10.79 per hour dependent on qualification and experience. More »
Additionally, attendance is required at (currently) bi monthly evening Parish Council Meetings, the Annual Parish Meeting and any other council meeting on an adhoc basis.
This position would suit a well-organised person, motivated to be involved in parish activities.
Applicants need to have good communication and appropriate computer skills, take minutes and manage the Council's administration and finances. Applicants will need to have internet access and be comfortable with email and the use of the internet. Experience of the planning system and dealing with planning applications is essential.
• producing agendas and minutes for all council meetings
• liaising with outside bodies
• managing budgets and keeping financial records
• financial and operational reporting
• ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements
• advising the council on policies and activities and enacting the decisions of the council.
A full job description, person specification and application form can be found on our website:
Application forms, including two referees should be returned to:
Jane Austin – Clerk, Overstone Parish Council. Email: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29 March 2019. » Less