Overstone Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Overstone a better place to live and our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us. email@example.com
Overstone Neighbourhood Development Plan
Overstone Neighbourhood Development Plan
The referendum relating to the Overstone Neighbourhood Development Plan was held on 2 December 2021 at Overstone Village Hall. The question asked was:
"Do you want West Northamptonshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Overstone to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The Number of Votes cast was as follows:
Number cast in favour of a No - 28 (12.39%)
Number cast in favour of a Yes - 197 (87.16%)
Electorate - 832
Ballot Papers Issued - 226
Turnout - 27.16%
As more than half of those voted Yes, in favour of adopting the plan. The Overstone Neighbourhood Development is now 'Made' and its policies will be used when considering 'Overstone Parish' related planning applications, submitted in the West Northamptonshire area.
Posted: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 19:13 by Parish Clerk
The public and staff in public facing areas will be required to wear face coverings in these settings from 4am on 30 November 2021:
- shops and supermarkets (places that offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
- shopping centres (malls and indoor markets)
- auction houses
- post offices, banks, building societies, credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses
- estate and letting agents
- premises providing personal care and beauty treatments (barbers, hair salons, tattoo and piercing studios, nail salons and massage centres)
- premises providing veterinary services
- retail galleries
- retail travel agents
- takeaways without space for consumption of food or drink on premises
- public transport (aeroplanes, trains, trams, buses, coaches and ferries), taxis and private hire vehicles
- transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals)
- any car or small van during a professionally delivered driving lesson and practical driving test
- during all HGV lessons and tests, during all professional driving lessons and formal driving tests, and during any practical test for giving driving instruction
Posted: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:20 by Parish Clerk
Overstone Parish Council is looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, experienced Clerk who understands planning.
Overstone is a small village approximately 6.2 miles north-east of Northampton, but it is about to get a whole lot bigger. There are just over 750 electors but that is projected to rise to more than 5,000 in the coming years. The 9-seat council set a precept for 2021/22 of £39,294. Overstone Parish Council has a vacancy for a Parish Clerk working 22 hours per week. More »
The Parish has been allocated 2 Sustainable Urban Extensions, Overstone Leys for 2000 dwellings and Overstone Green for 1600 homes. Overstone Leys is currently at Reserved matters stage and Overstone Green is due to go to Committee for Outline Planning permission.
The closing date for applications is 6 January 2022. » Less
Posted: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:31 by Parish Clerk
There will be no changes to the days on which your bins are collected over the festive period. You can check your collection day at www.westnorthants.gov.uk/bincollections
Bin collection day | West Northamptonshire Council Find your bin collection day by your areawww.westnorthants.gov.uk More »
Additional recycling can be presented alongside your bins or boxes in clear sacks or in additional boxes.
It can also be taken to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre. Centres will open as normal except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, when they will be closed, and Christmas Eve when they will close early at 2pm. Find your nearest at www.westnorthants.gov.uk/hwrc
Garden waste collection services across West Northants will be suspended from 27 December until 7 January.
Real Christmas trees
Real Christmas trees will be collected in the weeks beginning 10 and 17 January.
If you live in the Daventry and South Northants area, please place your trees next to your garden waste bins.
If you live in Northampton please place your tree next to your recycling bin. Residents on sack collection rounds should present their trees beside their recycling boxes and green sacks on their collection day
To help our collection crews, please ensure trees over 6ft tall are cut up into manageable pieces.
Find out more
Download your 2022 bin collection calendar and check your collection day atwww.westnorthants.gov.uk/bincollections
Check what goes in each bin or box, plus general information about waste and recycling atwww.westnorthants.gov.uk/waste
Report a missed collection
Any missed collections can be reported via our online self-serve system: https://www.westnorthants.gov.uk/bins-recycling-and-street-cleaning/missed-bin-collections » Less